Message from the president
My dear Asian colleagues:
It is my great pleasure to send a message to you as President of FAPA-CP. As you know, Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Association (FAPA) was established FAPA College of Pharmacy (FAPA-CP) by the initiation of Prof. Saisorn, as decided on November 17, 1997 and inaugurated on May 17, 1998, and I was elected as the first President and Dr. Pornpen Pramyothin as Executive Director.
The most important and concrete activity of FAPA-CP is to provide the professional degree as Fellow (F.A.C.P) and Associate Fellow (Assoc. F.A.C.P.). For that we have included the following matter in the statutes:
1. Pre-Qualification Requirements for Assoc. F.A.C.P and F.A.C.P.
2. Requirements for Assoc. F.A.C.P and F.A.C.P.
3. Honorary Fellow.
4. Fees and Dues.
6. Composition of FAPA-CP (Council as the governing body and Executive Committee as the operation organization)
7. Prizes and Awards
8. Means of Communication.
Now we have set up a FAPA-CP model and the following operation plan is going on to have the first fellow (F.A.C.P.) of FAPA-CP (1998-2003) by the year 2003:
1. There are 2 levels of degree: Assoc. F.A.C.P. and F.A.C.P.
2. F.A.C.P. and Assoc. F.A.C.P. are professional degrees.
3. Assoc. F.A.C.P. requires at least 3 years of active practice in the field of specialization.
4. F.A.C.P. requires at least 5 years of active practice in the field of specialization.
5. In the first stage, there will be 3 areas of specialization:
- Pharmaceutical technology
- Pharmaceutical care
- Social pharmacy and administration
6. Primary examination is needed to demonstrate the competency in pharmacy practice of the candidate before entering the chosen field of specialization.
7. Primary examination includes knowledge required for basic role of pharmacist in each field of specialization.
8. Training programs are required in different levels:
- general skills needed in each field of specialization (Assoc. F.A.C.P.)
- specialized skills needed in each field of specialization (F.A.C.P.)
9. Training programs must be collaborated by FAPA organizing members.
10. Final examination of each field of specialization must be done by specialists nominated from FAPA organizing members (Court of Examiners).
As it is said, the next century is of Asia and also of pharmacists. I believe FAPA-CP will make great contribution for Asian pharmacists to be the No. 1 in the world in coming century. I hope your success in pharmacy profession.