Memorandum of College
1. The name of the College is “Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Associations College of Pharmacy (FAPA-CP)”.
2. The objects for which the College is established are :
a) To elevate and enhance the standard of pharmacy practice in every field of the pharmacy profession.
b) To develop the highest scientific and technological competencies in pharmacy practice.
c) To promote moral, ethical and professional relationships among pharmacists and other health personnel.
d) To accredit programs for higher education and advanced training in various fields of pharmacy specialization.
e) To organize the scientific and professional meetings for better achievement in pharmacy profession.
f) To set up collaboration or cooperation in pharmacy practice, research, postgraduate education and training.
3. The composition of the College shall consist of Council and Executive Committee.
4. Council is the governing body of the College with the following function, composition and election :
Function : Shall have the power to set up laws and regulations concerning the :
a) System of admission and exclusion.
b) Accreditation of programs and training centers.
c) Creation of Board of Examiners and Court of Examiners.
d) Creation and dissolution of committees.
e) Promulgation of the duties and functions of all persons employed by the College.
Council composition : President
Executive Committee Members
(one from each member organization)
Election of Council :
a) Nominations of candidates for election as the elected members of the Council shall be signed by the member organization of FAPA-CP.
b) Election of members of the Council should be done at the Annual General Meeting of FAPA-CP.
c) All elected members of the Council should be in position for a continuous period of 4 years and shall be eligible for reelection.
d) All elected members of the Council who served for a continuous time or an aggregation of 12 years shall never be eligible for re-election.
e) The elected members of the Council will elect the President, two Vice-Presidents, Executive Director and Treasurer.
5. Executive Committee is the operating organization of the College with the following function and composition :
Function : Shall exercise power of the Council in management and conduct affair of the College.
Composition : President of FAPA-CP
Two members of the Council as appointed by the Council
6. Executive Committee Office shall collaborate with National Executive Committee for the Pre-qualification, Admission, Training and Examination of the Candidates.
7. National Executive Committee composes of specialists from FAPA member organization of that country with its president acting as the chairman of this National Executive Committee.
8. There are two levels of Professional Degrees : Associate Fellow of Asian College of Pharmacy (Assoc. F.A.C.P.) and Fellow of Asian College of Pharmacy (F.A.C.P.).
9. At the beginning, there shall be 3 areas of specialization :
a) Pharmaceutical Technology
b) Pharmaceutical Care
c) Social Pharmacy and Administration
10. The Associate Fellow and Fellow required the following pre-qualification :
a) Has graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy (4 or 5 year programs) and
has a license from his/her country of origin.
b) Has at least one year experience in his/her chosen field of specialization.
11. The primary examination shall be required to demonstrate the competency in Pharmacy Practice of the candidate before entering the chosen field of specialization.
12. The Board of Examiners is responsible for primary examination, with the following function and composition :
Function : Shall prepare questions based on knowledge required for basic role of pharmacist in each field of specialization.
Composition : 5-7 Specialists in the field of specialization appointed by the Council.
13. Training program shall be provided by Pharmaceutical organizations duly accredited by the Council in different levels :
a) General skills needed in each field of specialization
(can apply for Assoc. F.A.C.P.)
b) Specialized skills needed in each field of specialization
(can apply for F.A.C.P.)
14. Court of examiners is responsible for final examination, with the following function and composition :
Function : Shall prepare written and oral examination based on knowledge, professional skill and research ability of the candidate in the chosen field of specialization.
Composition : 5-7 Specialists in the field of specialization nominated from FAPA organizing members and appointed by the Council.
15. Associate Fellow (Assoc. F. A. C. P.) shall fulfill the following requirements :
a) Registered pharmacist in active practice in his/her chosen field of specialization for at least 3 years.
b) Has graduated or completed higher education or advanced training program given by a Pharmaceutical organization in his/her country duly accredited by the Council.
c) Has passed the primary examination given by the Board of Examiners in basic knowledge required for fields of specialization.
16. Fellow (F. A. C. P.) shall fulfill the following requirements :
a) Registered pharmacist who is in active practice in his/her chosen field of specialization for at least 5 years.
b) Has passed the primary examination given by the Board of Examiners in basic knowledge required for fields of specialization.
c) Has completed the appropriate professional training program given by a Pharmaceutical organization duly accredited by the Council.
d) Has passed the final examination given by the Court of Examiners.
17. Honorary Fellow :
a) One who has rendered distinguished pharmacy service for more than 15 years both locally and internationally.
b) One who has rendered valuable contributions to the pharmacy profession and whose membership gives honor to FAPA-CP.
18. Fees and Dues :
a) Enrolment Fee Annual Retaining Fee
Associate Fellow $200 $150
Fellow $300 $200
b) Examination Fee : Primary examination $100
Final examination $200
c) Professional training program
(cost due to each training program)
19. Donations :
Honorary Donors : Minimum of $1000
Ordinary Donors : Minimum of $ 100
20. Prizes and Awards :
The Council at the Annual General Meeting each year will award the prize to Fellows for :
- the best professional contribution
- the best scientific contribution etc.
21. Means of Communication :
a) The College shall provide appropriate information such as continuing education and professional training programs to member organizations through the internet.
b) The Journal of the College shall be published regularly as an important avenue for Fellows to contribute to pharmacy professional knowledge.